Friday, April 03, 2009

A Daily Prayer List

Something I always have and continue to struggle with is keeping a consistent and regular prayer time. There are those quick and general prayers prayers that are said in passing and are more frequent than they are specific. There are also the heart-felt and passionate prayers that are whispered to the God of the universe in the deepest part of the soul. Unfortunately, I am not the prayer warrior that I would like to be, and my prayer life probably consists of more of the former type of prayer than the latter. Because of this, I would like to share a wonderful idea that Aunt Rachel Stucky uses and shared with me (hope you don't mind my sharing this, Aunt Rachel!)

1. The basic idea is to make up lists in groups of thirty-one (for item for each day of the month). For example, you could make a list for friends, another for family, another for ministries, and so on. The point is to make whatever lists you do into groups of thirty-one.

2. Then, put one item from each list on an individual page (you should end up with thirty-one different pages with an item from each original list--like each #1 on one page, #2 on another, #3 yet another, and so on.)

3. Then, place these new lists in a simple photo album, and ta-DAH! You now have a compilation of prayer requests for each day of the month!

4. After you have made your final list for each day of the month, it is easy to then add additional requests for a certain day by simply adding Post-it notes to hose days. And of course, these little prayer booklets can be an expression of what works best for you and your own creativity!

I wish I could post a picture of a sample book, but I can't, as I haven't actually made one of these. However, I am hoping to do so soon as this creative idea appears to be a great way to maintain a systematic prayer list (which is what I need!)

No comments: