Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fool's Day

Well, today is the day that so many people use as an opportunity to play jokes on others or to tell lies and then gleefully exclaim: "April Fool!" While none of my family members really tried to play any jokes on me, I did have an "indirect" April Fool's joke be played on me, but I won't go into that now. . . . I guess I just don't get it--what does April have to do with fools, and why does that call for playing jokes and the such on those around you? The best explaination I've heard for this tradition is that April Fool's Day it is "the National Athiest's Day," as the Bible says that the fool has said in his heart, "there is no God." Now that makes sense!

Anyway, during church tonight, Pr. Dan made the comment that something he likes to do on this enthusiastically remembered day to make it worthwhile is to pray for the lost, to pray for the evangelistic ministries of the local church, to spend an extra time interceeding for those who still believe in their heart that there is no God! Just think of the potential result if Christians would specifically pray on April Fool's Day for the spreading of God's Great Love!



(By the way, please don't think that I believe this American practice on the first of April is wrong--it just seems somewhat foolish and unnescessary for the Christian. )

No comments: