Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My Days

Here are a few things that have been filling my days lately:
  • Piano practice--for my recital the end of April, I will be playing a duet of the "Hallelujah" chorus with another girl! I think it will actually sound pretty good after we practice a lot more! I'm kind of excited about it!

  • Applications forms--both for school and work. Ahh, it feels soo good to finally get those done and have them sent off! Not to mention all of the references that I had to get for them! I sent off my application for Cornerstone Bible Institute, and will anxiously await word from them; I also am nervously looking forward to getting a job interview over with tomorrow! If everything goes well, I'll be working at a nursing home that is right across the street from where I'll be living this summer, which will help a lot with car expenses!
  • "Sharing God's Gift"--Last week was the last class for this wonderful class. Wow, it seems like it just started, and here it is, over already! However, even though the class officially ended last Saturday, in reality, it has only begun! I now need to continue to put what I learned into practice in my everyday life! I wish every church had such a class available for the believers to take!
  • Blog posts--In case some of you haven't noticed, my blog has had a lot of activity on it lately! I honestly don't know what happened--all of a sudden, it is like I am always thinking of something or another that I can post on, and I'm loving it! Hopefully I can keep it up!

  • Travels--A little over a week ago, my family and I went up to Minnesota and to visit several relatives of my mom and a couple other contacts that we haven't seen in years. I loved seeing all of the pine trees, evergreens, or whatever those kind of tree are called, but I did not enjoy having to walk in all of the mud that was everywhere--especially on the farms! ugh! I certainly am not a farm girl, even though I did grow up in Brazil where things can sometimes be very rustic! We then went to Illinois for our mission's banquet--they hold it every year, but I do not remember the last time I went to one, so it was good to be able to go to it this year.
  • "The Zion Chronicles"--This fantastic book series by Bodie Thoene has occupied more of my spare time than it should. (If I start reading a good book, I cannot put it down until I'm done with it!) If you haven't read it, you should! It is historical fiction with a little of everything: history, romance, suspense and mystery, and Christianity. The third book of the series is by far, in my opinion, the best of the three that I have already read! Oooh, I just had to keep reading to find out what would happen to everyone! "Will he be okay?" "And what about her--who is she? Is she really who she says she is?" Read it, and you'll find out the answers!
  • Company--My parent's time here in the US is quickly coming to an end, and we realized that there are a lot of people from church that we still want to have over, so we decided that we just needed to start having someone over every week or so (creative strategy, not?) Last week we had a wonderful time with Pr. Ron, our youth pastor, and his family. This weekend, my aunt, cousin, and my counsin's two children, are also coming over for Easter, so we should have a housefull!

What has been going on in your life? I would love to hear from you--leave a comment or send me an email at ang_lehrman89@yahoo.com if you want!

No comments: