Sunday, July 17, 2011

Reminded...


The One Who fed Elijah with the ravens,
Who made the ax-head to float,
Who brought about a miraculous multiplication of the widow's oil,
Who heard Hannah's prayer,
Who calmed the raging waves of the sea, and
Who fed the five thousand,
is the One who cares even for the little birds of the air, and of Whom is it declared that "He cares for you."

It is He who is "the same yesterday, and today , and forever." The God who brought about such events in the lives of those in the Bible is the same God today--testimony after testimony declare His faithfulness throughout the ages. I personally have experienced His faithfulness and tender care. Why did I allow myself to doubt and wonder even just a little bit? He is immutable.

Once again, God today reminded me in a small, yet very definite way that even in the little things, He sees me and cares for me. I can trust Him, for He is almighty, unchangeable God. Yes, at the very moment of His reminding me of this fundamental truth, the song "Almighty, Unchangeable God" was playing... I don't think it was a coincidence.

In case you have not discovered this for yourself, we have an awesome God!