Thursday, May 19, 2011

H.O.M.E.

After being gone from Brazil for three years, here are a few thoughts about the last 24 hours of my life:

"Senhoras e senhores: sejam bem-vindo a Fortaleza" --
I cannot describe how wonderful it was to hear the stewardess announce these words!

After six airplane rides, I could pretty much tell you all about the safety procedures in case of an emergency.

I now understand why Dad isn't all that crazy about flying: it is stressful enough trying to figure things out for myself, but then multiply that times six, well, yeah...

The view of the ocean and skyscrapers together makes me smile.

I think I've been away from Brazil too long: I am experiencing a little bit of what some people call "culture shock."

Seeing family after two years does something to you that doesn't happen on a regular basis....

I know it has been too long since seeing Jared when he is pretty much as tall as I am!

It may have been three years, but Brazil pretty much looks the same as I remember it to be.

I am h.o.m.e. with my family!



1 comment:

Bethanne said...

Angie this makes me so wonderfully happy to read this. Oh the sweet taste of being hone, there is no other thing like it.