Monday, October 18, 2010

To give further explanation to my previous post, here's something to think about:

When a person loves someone (in that kind of way), whenever that other person is around, do they have to consciously think "I have to focus on him/her"? No. In fact, probably anytime that person is in the same room, their eyes are just naturally drawn towards that other person. With this in mind, now consider the effects of a deep and sincere love for the Lord. Wouldn't it be the natural thing to then have one's life centered around Him and one's focus set on Him instead of the circumstances around them? And the more a believer gets to know the God that he loves,
the more his love for Him increases!

As I think about this and how often I get distracted in my spiritual walk, I have to ask myself:
If I'm having trouble keeping my focus on the Lord, what does that indicate about my love for the Lord?


No comments: