Saturday, March 15, 2008

Something to think about...

Recently, I read a biography of Amy Carmichal, and the following thoughts that she wrote caught my eye:

"Have we any prayer like 'use me, O Lord,' in the Bible?.... [No] I could not find any such prayer.... [I] find every other verb occuring in prayer -- teach me, lead me, bless me, and so on -- but not this verb whch we would naturally expect....
The Captain will use the soldier if he is prepared for use; words of beseeching on the soldier's part are not required...."

I thought this was very interesting because I know I have many times prayed "Lord, use me," but what she said makes sense: if I am prepared and willing to be used of the Lord, I don't need to be asking the Lord to use me...He will use me without my asking, in His own time!

No comments: