Saturday, March 21, 2009

True Worship

"True worship is living in obedience to Christ seven days a week, not just one
hour on Sundays." - Dr. Wayne Johnson


I've always been somewhat unsure in my heart when people say "let us now worship God in our hearts today." I'm not exactly sure how we're supposed to do that during a service. Sure, our hearts need to be prepared and desirous of praising God and worshipping Him for who He is, but sometimes, I wonder how to determine if I actually did that during that half-hour of singing at church. Maybe I'm wierd or different from others and no one else ever has such thoughts, but when Pr. Wayne gave the above definition last Wednesday night, it was like a light-bulb went on in my head! "Yes," I thought, "that is exactly what true worship should be!"

Yes, of course, we should prepare our hearts for that set-aside time of worship on Sundays, I am not saying that is not important. However, God is not only interested in the kind of worship we give Him during a church service when we're together with all the other believers, but He's probably more concerned with the kind of worship He receives when we are at home--alone, with our family, our friends--when we are going about our day-to-day tasks! I believe true worship of God takes place when we deliberately choose to honor, obey, and glorify Him with everything we do, each and every day of our life!

No comments: