Saturday, August 08, 2009

My life seems to be full of "finallys" lately. Let me list a few:
  • For one, I think that when you opened this site, you probably at least thought, if not exclaimed out loud: "finally, she updated her blog! Hurray!" Yes, I admit blogging is fun, but it also requires a lot of individual attention--quality time, if you will--from the owner of it, which sadly, hasn't been the case for the past few weeks.

  • On another note, I myself shouted "finally!" when I saw that my sister Melissa had posted pictures from Brazil on her facebook! I had been waiting since the time they got back to Brazil for her to post lots and lots of pictures of what things were like there, but they never came! Until a couple weeks ago! I was so excited to see all those familiar faces, to see for myself how much the neighborhood kids had grown, to reminisce of days gone by as I clicked through the pictures of places that I have been. Yes, it was a long awaited "finally!"

  • "Just think of stepping on shore, and finding it heaven,

of touching a hand, and finding it God's.

Of breathing new air, and finding it celestial.

Of waking up in glory, and finding it home."

These are the words to the chorus of the song "Finally Home", a beautiful song that attempts to depict one's first moments in heaven. I would like to think that Mrs. Kroeker, the dear old lady I cared for for quite a while, had such a feeling of joy and exhiliration as she stepped into glory the twenty-third of July. Yes, I believe she would now say that she is "Finally Home," finally in the presence of the Savior Whom she loved and sought to honor.

  • After sitting out of school for a year once finishing high school, I am at last going to college! As of the 17th of August, I will be studying at Cornerstone Bible Institute, in Hot Springs, South Dakota! I have been looking forward to it for such a long time that I can hardly contain my excitement when I realize that in one week I will finally be in college! However, to simply be able to say that "I am a college student" is not my main reason for looking forward to this next big step in my life. My ultimate motive for heading off for further schooling is to be better equipped to serve the Lord. In all honesty, that is what life is all about: serving the Lord and making Him the center of your life! So please be praying for me, not only during the next few weeks, but also throughout this entire chapter of my life. These are probably among the most important years of my life and I desire to take advantage to the fullest extent every opportunity that God gives to me and not get distracted and sidetracked from why God has brought me here and what He wants me to learn.
  • With that thought, I am finally, once again, beginning to pack. That seems to be the favorite thing I like to do: pack up, unpack. Pack up again, only to unpack and get settled in again. Oh well, I guess that's how life is for an MK. . . :)

Having said that, I will now finally give you some peace from all of my "finallys" and sign off. Probably the next time I post, it will be from Cornerstone Bible Institute! Woohoo! Hot Springs, here I come!

In Him,

Angie

No comments: