Friday, August 14, 2009

God is good. . .

God is good. Have I mentioned that? All my life, I've heard people say: "God is good. He is in control of things." However, it isn't until one actually experiences His Goodness that one can even begin to understand. Now that I am somewhat "on my own," I am beginning to see a little for myself how good God really is.

One example that stands out is my job. You may remember how, back in April, I began working at Pleasant View Home. I really enjoyed it there, but, for reasons God alone knows, I was putting in a minimal amount of hours there. So, as you can imagine, when June rolled around and I had yet to even get 30 hours a week, I began to ask myself: "Do I stay here and hope to somehow pick up some more time, or, do I look for another part-time job to fill in all the extra time I have?" I began to ask around town to see what my options might be, but at every turn, I seemed to run into dead-ends. God brought me to the place where I had no choice--I had to choose to trust Him and believe that He would provide for my needs. I had done all I could.

And God provided! It was the beginning of July, I believe, on a Sunday morning, that a good friend of my family mentioned a job opening at a sign company that was needing help, even for a few weeks. I won't bore you with all the details, but I will say that it sounded like an answer to prayer! However, it wasn't all that easy. Perhaps the most difficult aspect of it all was discerning whether this truly was of the Lord and an answer to prayer. For two or three days, I really wrestled and struggled over it, but to get to the point: I applied, was accepted, and worked there from the second week in July until just this past Wednesday! Now that it is all over, I can only say that God is good. There were so many things that seemed to be big hurdles to get over--juggling two jobs, transportation, schedule, etc.-- but in the end, God worked out each of those things! Yes, God truly does see our needs and when we are willing to wait for His timing, He will bring about His best for us!

And now, I'm heading off to Cornerstone. I've been looking forward to this day for soo long, but now that it is finally here--literally, as I'm leaving this afternoon--I'm beginning to feel a little nervous. "Can I really do this?" "What if the study load is more than I can handle?" "What if. . . what if. . . what if. . .?" But I try to remind myself that even in school, when I feel overwhelmed and discouraged, God will be faithful and work out all and give me the grace and strength to do what I could not possibly do on my own. Like a dear lady mentioned to me earlier this week, "if someone totally satisfies us [or I am totally able to do it on my own] we would not trust in God."

No comments: