Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Sharing God's Gift"


"Sharing God's Gift" -- that is the name of the class at church that I will begin on Saturday. As you may have already figured out, it is on sharing God's Gift--the Gospel, the Good News of Salvation! I received yesterday the material we will be going through, and have briefly looked through it. Please be praying for me throughout the next ten weeks--this is definitely one area that I need to work on! I know that God has commanded us to share His great Gift of Love with those around us, but oh how difficult that is for me to do! Yet I don't want to be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ! I know, because of what Christ has done for me, I have every reason to be bold, every reason to be on fire to share the Gospel, but instead, I have allowed my human nature of fear to overcome such motivations. Consequently, God has been working in my heart and convicting me of my failure to share the Gospel, so when the opportunity to take this class arose, I felt that God was telling me to do it, even though it is definitely out of my comfort zone! Please pray that I will stop relying on my own strength to obey this great commandment Jesus gave and instead, begin trusting in Him, and Him alone, to give me the boldness and confidence to reach out to those who have yet to hear of His wonderful Plan for sinful mankind!


In Him,
Angie

No comments: