Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Full Moon and God's Enduring Love

It was Sunday night. The back of our truck was full of people. The cool breeze of the night blew full-force into my upturned face as I sat in the back of the truck. It was then that I noticed something beautiful: the full moon. The sky was cloudy, yet even then, the moon shone bright and clear; it was perfectly round--a glowing ball of light. Several stars twinkled between patches of clouds. It was so breathtaking!

This display of God's handiwork gave me such a sense of peace and contentment. As I continued to gaze at the moon, I realized something: God is in control. He has made the sun and moon to keep their courses day after day, month after month, and year after year since the beginning of time. If He controls the sun and moon, isn't He also in control of my life? Like the many clouds on Sunday night, my life, also, seems to be somewhat "cloudy" right now--full unanswered questions and countless decisions to be made. But God loves me and cares for me. I can trust in Him to work everything out, to give answers for my many questions, and to guide me in the many choices I have to yet make. He keeps the universe in order; He can keep me in His care! What a wonderful peace to know that! Just think: the great God of the universe is so personal that He used a full moon, on a cloudy, breezy night, to show me that He cares for me and is in control!

No comments: